Monday, November 26, 2012

Celebrating Life


Paul and I have been wanting to start our family so it was wonderful news when my doctor told me I was pregnant. The timing of finding out immediately before we left for Wilderness North, Minnesota for 40 days was a little abrupt. However, I was not sure about living my first trimester among all the mosquitos and out houses, but I was determined to give it a try. Paul teased that I was a really big fan of “multi-tasking”—learning leadership skills and growing a baby at the same time. 

Being together for 40 days since Paul took off work for the Daniel Institute, turned out to be a real blessing in itself. He was able to be there for me, during our baby’s earliest development and lend a hand through my bouts of morning sickness and fatigue. Luckily, those symptoms ended with the first trimester and I was able to get my energy back.

We are so excited about this new little life! In September, the doctors determined we would be having a little boy, so if they are correct, we are getting ready for a rambunctious bundle of joy. We have been busy converting my home office into a nursery, counting the amount of protein in the foods I eat daily to make sure the baby and I are getting proper nutrition and are attending Bradley-Birthing Classes on Sunday nights.

You may be already aware that I normally maintain a very full schedule. With our baby being due in early February, we are about to experience changes and needs like never before. While I still plan to be active in ministry, new decisions must be made about how that will exactly look. Please pray for us as we enter this new, exciting stage of life. We desire to honor God as we balance parenting with ministry activities. Your prayers and financial support will be critical during this new season of our lives. 

We have been blessed by your partnership in our ministry over the years. We cannot thank you enough!


No comments: