Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A New Opportunity!








You may already know about the changes in my ministry. I will be working with three organizations at the same time. I will be ministering with Christian Educators Association International (CEAI) and Californian Released Time Christian Education (Ca-RT), while still partnering with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF).

This came about because as a newly ordained minister, I needed to have the benefit of being self-employed in order to receive a housing allowance. CEF has a national policy which prohibits working for them under self-employed status, so I had to look for other options. I was seeking a way that I could continue to pursue my passion for evangelizing children and still take advantage of my new legal status with the IRS. The leadership of Christian Educators (CEAI) proposed I maintain my availability with Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF), but I would have to move my support-team base to CEAI to make it work.

Having worked at CEF for seven years, leaving brought very mixed emotions. I was so pleased to be able to still partner with CEF, while I broadened my focus to include a larger area of ministry. With CEAI, I will be able to encourage, equip and empower professional Christian educators in public schools. Working with Released Time will allow me to train volunteers to teach the Bible classes during the school day. My experience as a clown will also help launch a program to train others to share the gospel creatively. Each of these unique opportunities, fulfill my call to evangelize children, which is really exciting.

In order for my support account to work, all giving should now be directed to CEAI in Anaheim. Please let us know that you will continue to pray for us and give as you have in the past. Would you tell us of your continued support? Thank you.

No comments: