Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Great Opportunity


The events of my life have taken me on a whirlwind ride this last year. I got ordained, engaged, married, and now have moved to Anaheim. The past seven years, working with Child Evangelism
Fellowship, has been a great experience! I have received wonderful training and have had the privilege of seeing hundreds of children come to Christ. However, with my new ordination status, I need to have the benefit of being self-employed in order to receive a housing allowance. CEF’s policy prohibits working for them as self-employed, so I had to look into other options.
The Lord has placed on my heart a desire to equip others to reach children with the Gospel, thereby increasing the impact of His Kingdom on our culture. I was looking for a way that I could pursue my passion for evangelism of children and still take advantage of my new legal status with the IRS.

I was asked to consider a change in my ministry status, by joining the combined ministries of the Christian Educators Association International (CEAI) and California Released Time Christian Education. Their goal for me would be to equip and empower Christian public school teachers to use their positions as a platform to share their faith with children in legal and ethical ways. This move would allow me to equip volunteers to teach in Christian Released Time Programs and help start classes in new schools. Further, I would help them launch a Staff Evangelist Program with my clowning. They proposed I maintain some availability with Child Evangelism Fellowship on an agreed-upon basis, but I would have to move my support-team base to CEAI to make it work.

After much prayer and counsel, I decided to resign from CEF. I still plan to attend CYIA Training School and help with the 5-Day Club ministry this summer at an adjusted level. CEF of Long Beach has graciously invested in my life and ministry and I look forward to partnering with them in the future.

During this time, we need to know that you will continue to pray for us and give as you have in the past. Would you tell us of your continued support? Thank you!

No comments: