Tuesday, December 7, 2010

New Role; New Goals


I work with Forrest Turpen and his wife, Judy, in the California Regional Office in Anaheim. Forrest is the West Coast Regional Director for CEAI and President of the Board for Released Time Christian Education. Judy is contributing editor for the CEAI Magazine, Teachers of Vision.

My role at CEAI is to assist in promoting, supporting, and expanding the programs of Christian Educators and Released Time. We agreed that I would focus specifically on three goals this year.
The first is to expand our sphere of influence and memberships in CEAI through visiting Christian universities in southern California. We would like to make CEAI available as a resource to students getting ready to graduate in the field of education. It will be my job to update contacts, visit the school’s Education Department and promote the mission of CEAI. Secondly, I will exhibit at regional conferences and develop new training workshops. I will be able to promote both CEAI and Released Time Ministries at these conferences. Thirdly, I will stabilize Released Time Programs which are lacking leadership, curriculum, training, or volunteer staff. I will work with new school districts to re-start classes which have been discontinued or start classes in areas where they have never been before.

No comments: