Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nancy’s Getting Married

Paul asked me to marry him and I said “Yes!” We are planning to get married next April.
Both of us being in our 30’s meant that we already knew ourselves pretty well and what we were looking for in a mate. On one of our first dates, I remember asking what we had in common, as I was skeptical at first. As I got to know Paul, I discovered so many things in common that I lost count.

Early on, I shared with him God’s call on my life to evangelize children and found that he was extremely supportive of my ministry. His goals in the medical field, are motivated by the same heart of compassion and desire to serve others that I value so much. What a thrill to discover that specific prayers for a our future mate, were answered in each other! Now I can see that not only did God answer, but He went beyond what I asked, providing for what I did not even have the wisdom to request.
In mid October, we celebrated our 6 month anniversary. Paul took me to a fancy dinner in Laguna Beach and afterwards, we walked down to the sand. He got down on one knee and asked me to be Mrs. Kannard. He placed a beautiful diamond engagement ring on my finger and I accepted. I am so excited about planning a Wedding. Praise God with me for how He is guiding our lives!

No comments: