Friday, June 1, 2012

The Dream Takes Shape


    God’s work in my life through the Daniel Weekends has clarified the dream which God put in my heart over ten years ago. Many of you are aware that my calling is to reach children with the gospel. An answer to the question of how this could be accomplished, is now slowly coming into focus. 
    The task of winning the souls of America’s children is immense (God-sized). I believe the public school is not only the greatest mission field, but the wisest strategy for reaching the un-churched. I also realize, however, that I cannot do it alone. Multiplying my ministry through discipling others is non-negotiable. 
    During each Daniel Weekend, the participants are challenged to attend a 40 Day Daniel Institute Training which takes place each summer in northern Minnesota. Leadership development is a primary focus of this Training which includes lessons on discipling others. The Lord has been showing me that He is using this training to raise up the next generation of Christian Educator’s leadership. 
Outside a "Wilderness North" Cabin
    Paul and I took a weekend away recently to seek God. During that time, the Lord showed both of us how He could use this training as future ministry preparation for us, both individually and as a couple. 

No comments: