Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fishing for the Biggest Catch




You might ask, “Why go to the public schools?” I am still an evangelist of children at heart. It makes sense to share the gospel when the human heart is most responsive. 
Research shows that those between the ages of 4 and 14 have the highest response rate. If you want to catch the most fish, would you fish in a small pond or the open sea? When I have shared the gospel in Neighborhood Good News Clubs our attendance was 8-10 children. When we held a Good News Club at a Church, 15-20 children would attend. But when club takes place at a public school we get 60-80 children; all from homes with little or no church background. Experience has taught me to reach the most unchurched kids, I must go to their environment: public schools. The the nets are ready and I am called to toss them out. I get to train many others to join me. We are going to need help if we expect to draw in a catch this big! Will you be fishing with us?

No comments: