Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Million $ Question

In early February, I was blessed to attend the Children’s Pastor’s Conference (CPC) in San Diego. This was a refreshing time where I got to learn, make new friends and be renewed. I roomed with a Children’s Worker from Kansas named Sharla (in left picture on far right). She is a full-time wife and mom, works as a public school teacher, and leads the children’s ministries at her church. It was fun to share our lives and ideas.
You may not know that I am member of http://www.kidology.org/, the most trafficked children’s ministry website on the internet. Karl Bastian, (pictured with me on the right) the Kidologist who started the website, was speaking at CPC and introduced me to other site members also attending. Karl invited us all to have dinner together which was a highlight.
During his workshop, Karl asked his million dollar question for me at CPC. “What do you love most about ministering to children?” That was a key question and the answer re-affirmed God’s call on my life. My desire is to be used exactly as He has gifted me in relational ministry to children. I left, feeling empowered to focus on and pursue what He has called me to accomplish. Thanks for your prayers. Together we are making a difference!

No comments: